Experts in delivering quality above and below ground engineering services for rail
Attention to detail is what puts Aspin at the leading edge of engineering excellence, delivering time and cost-critical solutions for the railway environment, with safety, quality and environmental management as priorities.
The experienced team knows the world of railways and its unique challenges and has won awards for its work with clients. Aspin has earned its reputation as the leading name for the delivery of high performance foundation, civil, geotechnical and structural engineering products and services, working collaboratively with all clients and project teams.
The key to Aspin’s success is collaboration with all project stakeholders, sharing the aim to deliver the most cost-effective and technically robust solution for each site in a sustainable way. This approach includes measures to minimise the impact of works on local communities including consultations and measures to minimise noise and traffic movements to and from site.
The team works directly with Network Rail as well as with the largest contractors in a Tier 2 capacity, holding a Principal Contractors License (PCL) as well as the Plant Operators Scheme (POS) license.
Clients benefit from the combination of a range of services to provide a solution that’s as unique as each project, drawing on civil engineering, consulting and design, foundations and piling, plant and transport in addition to inspections, investigations and Aspin’s own in house training.
Our rail industry expertise
Aspin brings rail industry expertise in key areas for the rail industry, offering for electrification and signalling schemes in addition to a wide range of services including:
- Electrification - consultancy, project management and specialist design and build, bringing many years of significant experience on major projects across the UK
- Signalling - consultancy, project management and specialist design and build, from lightweight signal posts to full signal gantries
- Stations – platforms (including modular platform extensions) and footbridges
- LOC Staging – modular and cost effective stagings
- Ground investigations – assessing and reporting on ground conditions for works planning
- Site surveys
- Earthworks and civils
- Track bed stabilisation
- OHLE (overhead line electrification) foundations
- NEW Micro piling for OLE foundations
- Superstructures – design, supply and installation of above ground structures including OLE masts, cantilevers and portal structures
- Comprehensive foundation and piling solutions that are high performance and cost effective
- Plant and transport – specialist fleet of vehicles and equipment operated by Aspin for a seamless service
- Accreditations – high quality industry training, accredited by the National Skills Academy - Railway Engineering (NSARE)