OLEC 3 Linesman - Huthwaite
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent
REPORTS TO: OLE Construction Manager
WORKING HOURS: 40 hours p/w
VACANCY REF: 0007
We are pleased to be able to offer an exciting new opportunity for an experienced OLEC 3 Linesman based in our Huthwaite office. Reporting to the OLE Construction Manager, you will assist in the delivery/ fabrication of Overhead Line Electrification & Piling contracts held by Aspin.
• Work within the Foundations division with the understanding that depending on work load, the skills may be required in other sectors of the business.
• Liaise with the project management team to ensure all OLE assemblies are to be fabricated and installed on time and to spec, including Cantilevers, Small Piece Steel (SPS), Brackets and any other associated equipment.
• Carry out OLE fabrication/ installation work without supervision if required
• Undertake bonding duties, to include reading bonding diagrams/ layouts
• Take lead on site with regards to OLE construction work as and when required
• Capable of reading various styles of OLE cross-section drawings/ diagrams
• Assist in breaking down the bill of quantities from cross-sections and OLEMI drawings
• Carry out Height & Stagger surveys, DEP (Designated Earthing Point) walkouts & site access surveys
• Assist with the management of OLE stock items and the maintenance/ use of all tooling used to include pull-lifts, slings, bonding tools, etc.
• To learn new skills and competencies as and when required, to assist with the delivery of projects within Aspin Group
• Pass on your knowledge to others with a view to expanding the OLE department within Aspin Group
• Maintain a record of work carries out and/ or a site diary as and when required by the project management team
• Good working knowledge of OLE components and their application within infrastructure
• Ability to learn new skills
• A positive attitude
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERTISE
• OLEC 3
• Clean Driving Licence
• PTS/ COSS
• AP (Authorise Person)
• MEWP Operator
• Valid CSCS Card
At Aspin, we like to look after our own by ensuring our employee have access to great benefits. Below is a list of just some of the benefits we have to offer...
• On-the-job training + Accredited Qualifications
• 25 days’ annual leave with a maximum of 30 days after 5 years’ service
• Employer contribution pension scheme
• Income protection for long-term sickness after 6 months
• Lump sum of 4x basic salary death in service
• Comprehensive private health insurance
• Travel insurance for medical emergencies abroad (access to benefit after successful probation period)
• Childcare Vouchers – up to £243 per month salary exchange to be used for childcare up to the age of 16 years old
• Cycle to work scheme
• Access to discounts on gym membership