The industry-leading range of plant and equipment at your service
Aspin is unique in the industry to own, manage and operate a fleet of piling rigs, tracked excavators and specially adapted road to rail (R2R) vehicles and attachments, all with appropriate trailers so they can be effectively used on road or rail.
The fleet helps Aspin’s capability to deliver foundations, civil engineering and site investigation works for which the company has a class-leading reputation in the rail, highways and infrastructure sectors including power networks, renewables and civils.
Aspin also holds a FORS Accreditation, for the assurance of a first class service and working practices, policies and procedures in four key areas: management, vehicles, drivers and operations.
Following Aspin’s success in the OLE (overhead line electrification) market and railway civil engineering services, investment in a bigger road rail fleet, plant and transport ensures the best service and equipment is offered.
Aspin is accredited with a POS licence that not only recognises experience but also a commitment to delivering high quality foundations, civil engineering, geotechnical and structural engineering products using our own specialist plant and equipment.
Fleet Range Overview
Within the fleet is one of the largest road rail vehicle mounted vibro and impact attachments, which are used successfully in sheet piling, OLE and track stabilisation areas of the rail infrastructure, as well as many other applications. There are also low loader and hi-ab lorries to support the seamless transportation of plant and equipment to and from site.
Plus for demanding rail and track plant operations, Aspin has one of the largest fleets of the Italian built Colmar T10000, known as one of the heaviest RRV based lifters on Network Rail infrastructure. Aspin worked closely with Colmar to develop the T10000 and this development has seen it rise in demand with other tail plant suppliers in the UK.
Examples of the plant fleet include:
NEW! Land Rover R2R 4X4 SIV (site investigation vehicle)
- Award-winning solution for fast, safe and economical ground investigations
- Significant reduction in time needed for data collection
- Track access time can be reduced by up to 80%
- Capable of lifting in excess of 10 tonnes on rail
- Extending arm giving 3 tonne lift at 9 metre offsets
- Fully NWR approved ALO Compliant
- Fully NWR approved ALO compliant
- Versatile in running several piling attachments
- Fully NWR ALO compliant
- Complements larger RRV fleet with piling works
- Flexible in taking many attachments including log-grab and flail
- Capable of installing up to 762 diameter piles at above 7 metres in length
- Sheet piles up to 12 metres in length
- Largest UK owner of Movax piling attachments with 11 units in the fleet
- Adapted with the PR1100 leader with greater advantage at working under OLE or height restricted areas
- Control system able to adjust drop height and impact frequency specific to piling conditions
- Tracked impact rigs used in our renewable energy ventures
- Able to be adapted to torque head drilling roles
- Light and easily transportable