The experts in flood alleviation
Flooding is a devastating reality of life in the UK, placing millions of properties and people at risk. Whether the flooding is caused by global warming, increased urbanisation, farming practices or storms, the result is the same – it causes misery and costs billions.
Aspin works with a wide range of civil engineering customers and the Environment Agency across Britain, providing resilient programmes and structures that help prevent and alleviate floods, often reacting fast to emergency flooding situations.
A wide range of solutions from Aspin’s services including foundations and piling can be combined to provide effective flood control and have been used in high profile projects such as the Somerset Levels, at Morpeth, for highways projects, marine works, rivers and waterways including Monklands Canal.
Cost effective flood alleviation
In addition, Aspin’s foundations and piling solutions backed by the company’s own plant and equipment, are often used to provide temporary and permanent flood alleviation for major construction projects.
Among the range of services and retaining structures to support flood alleviation programmes are:
- Watertight enclosures commonly used for bridge piers and other support structures built within water
- Provides robust retention of water and soil so the enclosed area can be pumped out and excavated dry
- Safety provisions for excavations in soil or rock that are typically more than 4.5m deep
- Designed and planned to minimise cost and optimise performance
Box Culvert Installation
- Pre-cast solutions for most forms of culvert or road underpass
- Proven versatility for drainage and water management
- Groundwater control involving removal or draining groundwater or surface water from a riverbed, construction site, caisson, or mine shaft
- Uses pumping or evaporation
- Robust and flexible solutions
- Design and supply
Reinforced concrete works
- Affordable and practical
- High strength and versatile, resistant to corrosion
Temporary bridge installation and hire
- Rapid bridge solutions for flood situations
- Available for emergency and long term, planned hire
- Solutions, plant and equipment to enable water flow diversions and scour protection
- Earth retention and excavation support
- Aspin specialises in design and total solutions as well as installations
- Support for temporary and permanent works, sale and hire
- Sustainable solutions
- Aspin owns and operates all equipment for seamless and rapid flood alleviation schemes including scour protection